Monday, September 15, 2008

My Million Dreams :)

Few days ago I was standing in my balcony (getting the feel of fresh morning air) and from there I could see some tall Eucalyptus tree in Lalbagh(Botanical Garden in Bangalore). This is the time when nature is calm and mind also tends to be in sync with the nature. But instead of having a cool and calm mind there was a low priority thought pestering me that I am 26 now. If I consider today’s situation where the average life of people is somewhere around 60, I have almost lived my first half :). I clearly remember it was a Sunday morning because I remember one article in “Times Life” about the people who attained great heights at their young age.
That article triggered a thought in my mind "why I am not there in the list". This really sounds as a foolish question but somewhere I was saying to myself that I could have been in the list if I would have pursued any of my dreams… Yes “pursuing a dream”; it sounds quite weird to some and very ambitious to others. I found out that the only difference between people who made into the article and the people who could not make is the “desire to pursue their dream”. Humans are generally gifted with a talent of risk measurement and safe playing, which sometime rather many times have stopped us to fully utilize our potentials. So what we generally do is do a hell lot of risk analysis and end up marking that dream as un-realistic one :( . And I would term this entire thought process as “rational thought process”.
I remember my old days in engineering college where I spent my four good years of my life. Whatever I am today I credit most of my success to my formative years in that college. That college, friends, lecturers and almost everything has left an indelible impression on my mind. I remember I fell in love in my 3rd year with a subject called “operating system” and I used to discuss the concepts with one of my close friend Deepak and towards the end of discussion we would often end up concluding that someday we will create our own operating system :).
I went to watch a movie in Inox (multiplex in Bangalore) with my friend. The movie displayed a group of people playing songs and I got fascinated by the way the band was playing guitar and I thought I will buy one. Very next day I went to a shop in Brigade road and bought a guitar for myself. Day after I went to a training school in Jaynagar to enrolled myself for a course. I went to classes for about 2 months; classes were only on weekends for 2 hours. After 2 months I realized that the timings are conflicting with the timings of my morning shows (which I didn’t wanted to miss because it costs only 100 rupees :)) and I felt the timing was trying to create an unwanted bindings on my independence. I concluded that the passion for anything needs to get gelled with the burning desire to learn otherwise it often ends in failure and leaves one disappointed. To my good luck, one day I was seeing the interview of Mr. Narayana Murty (Founder of Infosys Technologies) and in the interview he said he had the same passion for piano and bought himself one but could not learn. I discussed this interview with Deepak (he also had bought a guitar in the meantime :) ) and we found that we (Nishant, Deepak and Mr. Narayana Murthy) have something in common. So we concluded that someday even we will make it big like Mr. Narayana Murthy :). Sometimes I curse this optimism of mine but I am in love with this. By the way that culprit movie was “Life In Metro”.

No comments: