Monday, September 29, 2008

Main aur Deepak aksar ye baatein kiya karte hai...





CEOs in making...
I, Deepak and Ashutosh are very close friends since college time. Some 8 or 10 months ago we decided to meet every weekend to talk about ourselves, new technology, whether MBA will help us or not, can we open a company and many more questions like this… Basically we were trying to finalize a regular hang out place.
There is a place in Bangalore which is very dear to me. It’s the junction on St. Marks road near Thomson (looks like an IT company) opposite to Bishop Cotton Girls school. Now don’t try to relate the words “dear to me” and “Bishop Cotton Girls school”. Let me answer your question here as to why I liked that place? When I was searching a job in Bangalore some 3 years back, I used to sit there with one of my friend (who had joined by that time) and used to discuss when I will get a job, seeing people driving cars I used to think when God will be generous to give me a car and so on… And looks like God actually listened to my wishes… I got job and after being in job for little more that an year I bought myself sweet little car :). Now it’s almost one and a half year to that incident.



Well it was just an out of context story. But I thought I will share because this is the place where we finalized to meet on every weekend. To our good luck we found one Café Coffee Day (CCD) at Lavelle Junction near to our designated place. So generally we used to meet at that junction and after completing our first round of talks we used to walk till CCD to have coffee and snacks.





Now the interesting part is what we generally discuss there. We (myself and Deepak) used to call it CEO talks :) … We used to discuss things as if we have a big corpus of assets behind us or as if we are CEOs in making. We never think ourselves less than Pradeep Singh (my employer) and Jerry Rao (his employer):). We generally discuss launching a software company (as we are from that background :)) which specialize into testing. And we also discuss how we will approach the clients, what all benefits we can give them, who will be in board of directors etc… Fortunately or say luckily we don’t spend time thinking about the name of the company :). In between these talks or rather discussions we notice that girl sitting next to us (in CCD) is wearing nice dress. Or the girl behind him who is smoking is really nicely carved :). So then the talk used to shift from company or rather entrepreneurship to “girls”. I used to talk about some girl in my company who really looked nice yesterday. Or he used to talk about someone who went to onsite. Now finally when we get tired looking at the same girl or finished talking about almost all the girls we like, probably it’s time to ask them for bill. In between we continue ordering. Trust me CCD is an ideal place to take someone out on a date. Oh man, even venturing into a CCD kind of place is not at all a bad idea for business. They take a hell lot of time to get your ordered items. By the time you ask them bill and they will get the bill, you will forgot what all you had there. :)
Today we are again going to meet there to discuss about the presentation on “Entrepreneurship” authored by Subroto Bagchi :). It’s up to you to find out who he is in case if you don’t know him. I will try to inform you guys in case we get to see some sexy babes out there in CCD :).

Hope this time Shivendra Bhaiya will not find many bugs in the post. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha!